Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information SPL may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
• SPL may collect the information you provide such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. SPL will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
How we use your personal information
• The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on SPL’s latest product announcements, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by contacting us.
• We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
• We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve SPL’s products, services, and customer communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
• We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. SPL may use this information in our marketing and
Disclosure to Third Parties
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for SPL to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy